A fun and easy science experiment for kids of all ages!
PLEASE LIKE, COMMENT, & SUBSCRIBE 🙂
Tweets by WhizKidScience
Music by Dan-O at DanoSongs.com (Kira Fled the District)
CHROMATOGRAPHY is the separation of mixtures into their constituents by preferential adsorption by a solid, in this case as a strip of filter paper (paper chromatography).
Here’s what you’ll need for this experiment:
markers, felt tip pens, or food coloring
clear glass or dish
– First cut your coffee filter into strips
– Tape your coffee filter onto a popsicle stick
– Colour a line near the bottom of your filter with marker, ink, or food coloring
– Place enough water in your glass so that just the bottom of the filter will touch the water
– Hang your filter over the water with your popsicle stick
– Watch the colours separate