11-Year-Old Girl Suffers Third Degree Burns From Making Homemade Slime

More from Inside Edition: https://www.youtube.com/user/cbstvdinsideedition?sub_confirmation=1
An 11-year-old girl paid the price when she tested out a new kid craze by making slime. Kathleen Quinn’s mother says her daughter suffered third degree burns on her hands after following a recipe on YouTube to create a goo similar to that seen at the Kids Choice Awards. The mom says she played with her creation every day for several weeks and claims doctors told her the burn was a chemical reaction from one of the ingredients.



37 responses to “11-Year-Old Girl Suffers Third Degree Burns From Making Homemade Slime”

  1. Redbear and Pink bonnet Avatar

    What? When I get borax on my hands it doesn't do that!

  2. Ava Bruno Avatar

    Ppl say she was allergic to something in the borax and had an allergic reaction

  3. Ava Bruno Avatar

    Make sure you wash ur hands after so the chemicals will be washed away

  4. Ava Bruno Avatar

    The borax wasn’t dissolved and when you touch it without being dissolved I
    The chemicals could get on ur hands and burn you

  5. Ava Bruno Avatar

    She should have mixed the borax in first with a spoon

  6. Ava Bruno Avatar

    If I use borax I put in pinches. But when I don’t often use borax

  7. Lourelyn Librando Avatar

    cuz if her my friend can't make slime anymore


  8. Nue Xiong Avatar

    Thats why u be careful because u have to read the boarax box next time when you make slime

  9. Xx PrincessGalaxy xX Avatar

    I think everything that is fun gets ruined.

    1- 3rd degree burns from slime
    2- hatchimals cursing
    3- Fidget spinners getting stuck in body

    Why does everybody get hurt when a new trend comes out ?

  10. Rogue Taylor Avatar

    This girl probably had an ALLERGIC REACTION to the borax. I have made slime with borax before and that never happened.

  11. Unicorngaming YT Avatar

    This is why I don't use borax for my slime
    (Also I hope ur hands feel better)

  12. miranda's diy slime Avatar


  13. Jayden Brown Avatar

    Oh yeah and don't blame the slime pros , blame yourself because I know she never sees videos where they mix the borax with their hands.

  14. Amani Edmead Avatar

    I Still love it wear gloves or use a spoon simple

  15. Nia Trowers Avatar

    She made it with borax everyday. That's why she got burned

  16. Rosa Avila Avatar

    She can still play with slime use tide,bakeing soda,eye contact solution, or salt or shampoo

  17. ItzNijaa Avatar

    This is a lie.. borax does not give you burns unless your allergic to it. Plus she wasn’t supposed to mix it with her hands.. and also slime would’ve been stopped because without borax/contact lens solution/sta-flo/or laundry detergent you wouldn’t be able to make slime because all of those have sodium tetroborate/boric acid and they would’ve gave you burns also. Soooo

  18. T3 Castillo Avatar

    Next time use another solution like contact solution and baking soda or tide

  19. T3 Castillo Avatar

    I always make slime and I always hold it. Nothing happens to me she is just sensitive too these kinda of things. You still have to be careful with these products

  20. Pennywise the Dancing Clown Avatar

    Thats why i dont use borax i just use tide

  21. cathy Burke Avatar

    I use that method all the time for like months and that has never happened to me

  22. Swifty Gamez Avatar

    I mix borax with a wooden spoon

  23. Kylah Graham Avatar

    You added to much borax dumb

  24. Anwesha Sikder Avatar


  25. The Rainbow Gamers Avatar

    0:25 Nifty's Floam Slime like if u agree

  26. Sven Johanson Avatar

    Borax doesn't cause burns, wtf is wrong with these dumb people?

  27. It's Bri Avatar

    I’ve touched slime with borax multiple times and have never been in this situation I think she is just allergic to it

  28. L.D - R.H Avatar

    That's why you shouldn't be an Instagram hoe

  29. Unicorn Lover 245 Avatar

    I hate borax so much not becuase Its dangerous its because it doesn't make thne slime that strechy this is why we use contact solution

  30. Blue flash 227 gaming Avatar

    dose it sting well Nadu nigga get a life dose it burn

  31. Gleen - Avatar

    I may have accidentally mixed borax with monoammonium phosphate and based on what happened, it may have reacted and turned into phosphoric acid and ammonia, the steam went in my face and I inhaled it, it smelled like pool chlorine , a few minutes later I started vomiting, on that day I vomited 4 times, the next day I still felt weak, but I was recovering, I'm so glad to survive that incident.

  32. Sunset Avatar

    These people in the comments needs listen to the video
    1.she used gloves it was the final result that burned her hand
    2. How is she stupid for making it everyday? Look at Karina Garcia making a living off of it
    After seeing this video I’ll stick to tide or baking soda and contact lens solution, borax is strait up acid

  33. The Unknown Avatar

    i used to make slim and i used borax all the time but i’ve never got third degreee burns i wonder why?

  34. Shee Bradshaw Avatar

    You touched hot water and borax

  35. Lexie :D Avatar

    this is why I use contact lens solution and baking soda, and even then I have to be careful

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *